http://www.etsy.com/shop/MontreatDesigns

Monday, February 14, 2011

Happy Valentines Day

Tonight was going to be the night that I completed the anniversary gift for M and T, but I decided to watch Tom Ford's 'A Single Man', with Colin Firth...and simply couldn't pull my eyes away...so no sewing.  What an astounding movie.  It now joins the list of my favorites.....beautiful for so many reasons.  A good choice for V Day.

In the spirit of the day I am sharing with you what I made my parents for Christmas this past year.  Mom had some truly beautiful linen from her wedding gifts that were in perfect condition (Mom and Dad have been married for over 50 years), and she gave me a sample to work with.  I decided to make sachets for my family, and for Mom and Dad I wanted something that represented what our family is all about.  After sketching symbols, etc, etc....I finally landed on all of our names, for a clean look and chose the heart for glaringly obvious reasons.  :)

I filled the sachet with lavender...the size of this thing is quite large, measuring about 6x9 inches.


If I did this design again, I would bring it up on the bag.  I feel that it is sitting too low, as the lavender bulk weighs it down, but live and learn!!  Right??

No comments:

Post a Comment